When I'm Old(er) I Shall Wear Purple

4 comments
When I was in first school there was a big thing about reading poems to us in assemblies. As a result there are loads of very random poems I seem to be able to quote due to the fact that there was a very limited store of poetry and about every moth each poem was re-read to us on rotation. The three I can remember most vividly were a nonsensical poem about the oojamaflip, a (frankly disturbing) poem which used the lifecycle of the blackberry plant as some weird metaphor for death (that one was particularly popular around harvest time) and 'When I'm Old I Shall Wear Purple' by Jenny Joseph. The last was probably my favourite. It's about a woman who decides that when she's old she can get away with anything and she goes around in bright purple clothes doing all the things we secretly want to and living life to the full (i.e a premonition of my own behaviour when I reach that age).

I guess the reason why I've thought of this poem when writing this post is because of:
1. The colour connection
2. That 'why not?' attitude.

Rimmel Scandeleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Purple
Rimmel Scandeleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal
eyeliner in purple

Over the Christmas holidays I went on a mad make-up binge (which I mentioned in my previous post) and one of the things I bought was a Rimmel Scandleyes  purple eyeliner. I had just read somewhere that purple on the eyes really brings out the colour of green eyes and (although I have strange eyes which in various lights appear to be various different colours to different people) I am considered by at least half the people I meet to have green eyes. So I thought I'd mix it up and give purple liner a try. The only thing is I used it twice, got distracted by other stuff I'd bought and forgot about it...that is until this morning.

Slightly scary eyes but the eyeliner looks nice!

Don't ask me why but this morning I just felt like doing something a bit different. A bit (as one of my flatmates would say) 'snazzy'. So I was rummaging through my makeup drawers and found the purple eyeliner and decided to go for it.

Very subtly purple

The other times when I'd used this eyeliner I felt a bit strange, I don't really wear much colour on my eyes, and I felt like someone in a syfy movie where they think its a good idea to stick random bright colours just on their face to make them look 'futuristic'. If I'm honest I can't exactly remember how I used it over Christmas (I think at one point I tried it with green eyeshadow...not wise) but today I decided to do a really neutral eyeshadow look and then use the pop of purple as the main thing and I think it really worked.

My face

I paired it with my Sleek Matte True Colour Lipstick in Mystic, which is another product I bought ages ago on a whim and then quickly forgot about and I like the purple with blue/pink effect. I just got quite excited about this this morning and thought I'd share it with you...after all why not right???

4 comments:

  1. I think the purple looks great.

    http://cupcakesandskirts.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I wasn't sure at first but I really liked it in the end! :-)

      Delete
  2. I have this liner too. I love doing a neural eye with a dramatic smokey purple liner on the bottom! I got the idea from one of Nicole Guerriero's videos. I love how it looks dramatic but without rimming the entire eye. I'll link it below (if you haven't already seen it!).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdjUn6nzoY

    http://punxspicks.blogspot.ca/

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou I'll definitely go watch it! :-)

      Delete