Chocolate Cravings - Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer

Leave a Comment
It's that time of year when the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I am still as pale as a pale thing can be that has an extra special reason to be pale. I guess it's like my mum always says I'm just pale and interesting (well hopefully rather than pale and boring). But since the weather in theory is nicer and summery...er, (though as I type this the sun is hidden behind some worryingly dark clouds) I don't want to be pale and interesting I want to be a beautiful bronze goddess (i.e. regular me with a tan).


The only trouble with me is that I am terrified of fake tan, I'm not even sure why, I think I'm just worried I'll come out the other side looking more like a satsuma than the bronze goddess mentioned previously. Because of this fear bronzer is my only way to tan up in the summer without the aid of any actual sunlight.


The Bourjois chocolate bronzer is a bit of a cult classic and is often raved about in the beauty blogosphere so I knew I wanted to try it out. As usual we have to start talking about the packaging; it looks like chocolate and - is this just me? - it smells like chocolate too so straight off the bat what is not to love? Plus I like how they make the little box look like a storybook and it feels sturdy so I'd be ok traveling with it.



Now onto the actual bronzer (yes I'm impressed by how quickly I got through the packaging too). As some of you may know I'm a reacent contouring convert and, although sadly I'm not all that good at it yet (I'm still too terrified of the dark streaks across my face that I blend it to the ultimate subtlety), I can tell a good bronzer because it makes my novice life a hell of a lot easier, and this product does just that.



The colour is warm and not too orangey, it blends like an absolute dream and, although there is a slight shimmer to it that doesn't really come out when you contour. However if you want an all over bronze instead this will do wonders for you too. The shimmer really comes into its own when you dust this all over the face, it doesn't glitter or give you any added sparkle but it just gives your skin a lovely sheen that makes you look glowing.

As you might be able to tell I love this product so much and I can clearly understand why it is the cult classic that it is. Have any of you guys tried this product? Did you love it as much as me???

0 comments:

Post a Comment