So first off I'm sorry I've been gone for nearly two months *ashamed face* I didn't realise when I went back to uni just how busy I was going to be; working full days with some weeks where I barely had time to sleep! I'm back though and I thought a good way to cover some of the beauty ground since my last post would be to tell you my monthly favourites!
This past month has been a strange one for me because I'm the kind of person who likes to get up a little bit earlier in order to have the time to get ready at my own pace, stare into the distance between spoonfuls of cereal, sing a whole host of songs in the shower and spend time getting my makeup just right. However with being so busy I've been sleeping as late as possible in an attempt to get my 8 hours every night and as a result this month my beauty routine has been about being speedy as much as anything else.
Also the weather has been gorgeous! This has been my first year of experiencing southern summer and it has just been great! Who knew what us northerners where missing out on?? I won't pretend that I haven't felt a certain sense of glee telling my parents just how sunny and warm it is on the phone when they've been stuck inside because of the rain. This lovely weather has made me feel even more summery than I already am anyway and so I've been much more inclined towards colour and brightness in my makeup than I would otherwise normally be.
So without anymore rambling lets get into the favourites!
1. On the bright summer colours theme I have been loving the MUA blushers. I read a really good review of them and decided I had to give them a go and then when I realised they were only £1 each I decided to get my three favourite colours (because Superdrug had 3 for 2 on making it only £2 all together *happy dance*). The blushers are really pigmented which is great and they are really compact for carrying around too which makes them convienient. The only downside I can find is that the texture is a little power but for less than £1 each that doesn't bother me. I also can't say they have great staying power but I have trouble making blush stay on my face anyway since I can't seem to stop touching my face throughout the day.
|MUA blush in marshmallow|
My favourite of the three I bought is marshmallow because it's this really cool toned pink that goes amazingly well with my much loved Sleek lipstick that I am wearing in this post. I also think it's just a really nice bright colour to wear on the cheeks in the summer time.
2. Carrying on this summer colours thing I absolutely adore this lipstick. Was it just me who watched Made in Chelsea way back when and coveted the beautiful tanned glow and orangey lips that all the girls wore (I think in season 2 or 3) either way I really wanted to try it then and then wasn't brave enough but when I saw this lipstick from Kiko Velvet Mat Satin Lipstick in Bright Orange I was reminded of my Made in Chelsea loving days and just had to have it.
|Yes I risk putting my lipstick in the grass for you|
The packaging is so cool with the gold coloured K motif on the lid and then the fact that you have to push down on the bottom to release the lipstick its very futuristic and cool and I just am such a sucker for it. Also I think the lipstick is fantastic. It is a matte formula and like a lot of matte formulas I find it to be a little bit drying but I think it stays on the lips really well and the colour is just so wearable and I get so many compliments on it because it is a little bit unusual but it actually isn't too out there and looks gorgeous with that Made in Chelsea tan.
3. Because my eye makeup tends to be the thing that I spend the most time on I've been staying away from my powder eyeshadows where the danger is always that I would have 5 mins before I had to be out the door and then go 'Ooh actually I've never tried this shadow in the crease before', mess it up and either leave looking like a panda, or more likely, leave 20 mins late having just redone my makeup.
|Maybelline Colour Tattoo in on and on bronze|
Therefore I've been using my trusty Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze that I've had for ages and it has kept me nicely in check. It's a great cream shadow because it lasts for ages, which has been especially helpful for me when I've been doing really long days, its so easy to just apply with your finger and if you blend it out with just a generic, neutral crease colour, like I have bee doing, it's just so quick and it looks like you've put in way more effort than you have which is exactly what we want with makeup right??
4. I just need to pause to enjoy the name of my next favourite; the Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick from Soap & Glory in Nudist. This is another product I'be had for a while but this one just never had it's day in the sun (no pun intended - it makes more sense in a minute) until now, largely because soon after I bought it I left it in my bag in a hot car, came back and found it had partially melted all over the pocket which of course was a barrel of laughs.
|And again risking lip products in the grass for you|
That little incident aside I love this product and don't know how it lived unloved at the back of my lipstick drawer for so long. The formula is just a teeny bit sticky (but I kinda like that) and it is majorly glossy like to the extent it looks like you've actually applied lipgloss. Plus being a fan of colours as opposed to nudes I am surprised how much I enjoy the colour of Nudist which is almost a your lips but better kind of shade that I actually think looks quite flattering on me. Also this is another really easy product to use as it just glides on and, although it won't stay all day, it isn't obvious when it has faded a bit because it is a nude colour and its really easy to reapply on the go.
5. Maybe this is the month of rediscovering old things I don't know but I have loved this SteamCream moisturiser for ages. I stopped using it in the winter because it is quite a heavy moisturiser and I would wake up feeling like my face was majorly oily so I switched to a much lighter one. However now the weather is so much warmer my skin was becoming a bit dull and dry so I switched back and this has just injected a bit of a sheen (but not oiliness) back into my skin which is lovely especially since its summer and you kind of want that look even more in summer. Plus the tin is just gorgeous! They were supposed to be limited edition but I think mine is still available. Also the ingredients list is vegan and all natural which is great if your skin is as sensitive as mine too!
|The flowers look so at home!|
6. I was going to do 5 favourites and I realise this post is already really long and your mind has drifted somewhere else by now or you've switched off and are just staring blankly at the screen but please stay with me for this favourite because I love it! I am a glasses/contacts wearer day to day so when the sun comes out I've never been drawn to sunglasses because either you wear them instead of your glasses, in which case you can't see, or you go to the effort of contacts meaning you don't have to wear glasses only to put glasses on which seems kind of counter productive. That was until I saw these babies from Topshop!
|Love these glasses so much!|
I think they really suit my face shape while not being too similar to my day to day glasses which I think is nice because if I go to the effort of buying sunglasses I don't want it to look like I just got my regular glasses tinted. Plus I think the tortoise shell effect is so cute!
Well thats the end of my favourites! If anyone read this far thank you I will love you forever and I also want to say thanks for sticking with me despite my elongated absence *hangs head in shame again*. If you've tried any of these products did you love them too? Also is there anything you've been loving this month I should try? Please let me know!
My naughty kitty cat Sooty kept getting in the way of my photos. I think he wanted to try the products out for himself too!